It’s that time of the year again — school is out and you’re headed for your ultimate summer holiday. Whether you’re traveling with friends, family, partner or solo, these 5 top summer destinations recommended by Holidayme.com won’t disappoint you.
Turkey, lying at the crossroads of Asia and Europe, with its amazing array of offerings is a delight for tourists. The country is a treasure trove for history lovers and culture admirers. One of the most visited nations in the world, Turkey surely charms visitors with its plethora of options and activities.
Things to do in Turkey:
- Explore Istanbul’s rich heritage and its nook and corners and you will be rewarded with an amazing experience.
- Enjoy the magical hot air balloon ride over the vast dramatic landscape to admire the spectacular sunrise or sunset.
- Savour the delicious Turkish culinary specialities. A must try is the Turkish coffee!
- Visit Antalya, the classic sea resort of Turkey.
Partying, shopping, sightseeing, hogging on sumptuous food, no matter what the theme of your vacation be, a trip to Lebanon ensures you miss nothing!
Who wouldn’t like to visit a country when it is at its picturesque best? Lebanon is best explored in spring, summer and early autumn seasons, when the whole region is blanketed with flowers and the weather is just apt to indulge in outdoor activities.
Things to do in Lebanon:
- Visit some of the many underrated destinations like Baatara Gorge Waterfall, Chowan Waterfall, Monastery of Saint Anthony etc.
- Explore the night clubs in Jbeil and Gemmayzeh. SKYBAR Beirut is one of the world’s best nightclubs.
- Stroll into any of the souks and shop local fashion, art and crafts, ancient coins etc.
Infinite stretches of white sandy beaches, vineyards, olive groves, beautiful landscapes and mountainous terrains, all ensconced in just one small country – Greece! The stunning nature, fascinating history, ancient archaeological sites and countless islands, turn Greece into a photographer’s dream destination. Also, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world for summer holidays.
Things to do in Greece:
- Start your trip off right in Athens. Featuring a bustling domestic economy and a trove of tourist hotspots, Athens provides a welcome introduction to the country’s unique landscape and history.
- Explore the city of Crete, a small universe teeming with hidden treasures and stunning beauties that you will probably take a long time to uncover!
- Explore Santorini, and watch the beautiful sunset.
- Enjoy the lovely scenery of Shipwreck bay, Zakynthos. White colored giant vertical cliffs surrounding demure sandy beaches create an enchanting image of Greece.
- Travel into the Northern regions of Greece and hike to the top of the highest summit for astonishing views and equally unforgettable memories.
Egypt boasts of a spectacularly beautiful landscape filled with cultural gems. From its sun, sea and sand interspersed with a touch of exotic culture and heritage, gushing rivers, ancient monuments, vast deserts, world famous coral reefs to cosmopolitan cities; it is all to be found in Egypt. That ensures you don’t have to browse through hundreds of holiday destinations across the globe for your perfect vacation. The mesmerizing land of Egypt has it all!
Things to do in Egypt:
- Admire the exotic art and culture of Egypt such as the Pyramids of Giza, Luxor temple, Egyptian Museum etc.
- Spend some quiet time in the mosques and temples of Egypt and take a break to experience spirituality.
- Feel the thrill while sailing and unravel the underwater treasures as you sail down the mighty River Nile
- Egypt offers some of the best beaches in the world such as Agiba Beach, Cleopatra’s Beach etc. where you can indulge in some adrenaline pumping activities.
To savour one of the most unforgettable journeys of your life, travel to the magical land of Georgia, a promising country wedged between the Black Sea and the soaring Caucasus Mountains. Bursting with lush mountains, quaint towns, sublime churches and monasteries, incredible wine, delicious food, and locals known world-over for their hospitability, Georgia is one of the most amazing lands that you’ll ever set foot on.
Things to do in Georgia:
- Take a stroll along the charming alleys of old Tbilisi, while soaking in the local lifestyle and journeying through the timeless history of Caucasia.
- Visit Narikala Fortress, a famous 4th century fortress located in Tbilisi
- Savour the authentic, world-class Georgian Wine
- Get entranced by the spellbinding scenery of Mount Kazbek, a part of the Caucasus Mountains
- Visit Lake Ritsa, a favoured attraction in Abkhazia, north Georgia, encompassed by mountains, with its turquoise water full of trout.