- Variety of initiatives launched in Ramadan to support the community
Following its tradition of serving the community, the Pakistan Association of Dubai is carrying out a diverse number of activities this Ramadan.
The realm of activities range from supporting a thousand deserving families with food packages to arranging and distributing iftar packs weekly in labour camps in collaboration with Community Development Authority.
“Ramadan is a month of sharing and giving; we feel the social and moral responsibility of standing with the less privileged of our community” said Shahid ul Islam, member of welfare committee at PAD.
He added “Our team is working round the clock from releasing prisoners to arranging an iftar for a cause to stocking up the Ramadan fridge.”
The Pakistan Association Dubai accelerates its services in backing up the less fortunate members amongst the community.
A drop down of the slew of activities that are carried out:
- Ramadan food packages to 1000 families; each worth Dh300
- Releasing prisoners and helping them repatriate back home
- Packing and distributing approximately 1800 packs weekly at labour camps in collaboration with CDA
- Daily iftar for nearly 250 people at the Pakistani mosque
- Iftar for a Cause in support of Pakistan Centre
- Ramadan Fridge in Oud Metha
- Mosque cleaning activity on June 1st
“We have an array of services catering to every segment of the society ensuring no deserving person is left unattended. In addition we encourage the privileged members of the community to step up their contributions in the Holy month of Ramadan” said Rizwan Fancy, Director PR and Public Relations PAD.Email This Post