- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awards all-new 2018 Ford Expedition a five-star rating in its New Car Assessment Program – the highest possible score – making this full-size SUV a leader in safety
- Expedition is the only vehicle in its segment to earn an Overall Vehicle Score of five stars
- Passenger safety starts with Expedition’s all-new fully boxed steel frame and high-strength, military-grade, aluminium-alloy body
The all-new 2018 Ford Expedition has earned the US government’s highest possible crash test rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, making this full-size SUV a leader in safety.
Expedition’s improved performance is powered by an average weight savings of up to 325 pounds through the use of high-strength, military-grade, aluminium alloy in the body, which lowers the vehicle’s centre of gravity for enhanced stability and driving dynamics.
Expedition is equipped with dual seat belt pyrotechnic pretensioners in the anchor and retractor, which contributes to safety, helping to keep occupants in place in the event of a crash.
“As a father of four and longtime Expedition owner, safety was a top priority when engineering the entirely new Expedition,” said Andrew Kernahan, Ford Expedition chief program engineer. “We are proud of the many features Expedition offers today that help keep our customers safe on the road.”
Improvements to the 2018 Expedition go beyond body and frame – the all-new SUV sets a new level of technology offerings. Cross-Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, auto high beams and enhanced active park assist promote greater driver confidence and control.
The new-generation Ford Expedition adds this important accolade to its long list of best-in-class features which includes:
- Best-in-class fuel economy
- Best-in-class torque
- Best-in-class 2nd and 3rd row space
- Best-in-class towing
- Largest panoramic sunroof in the category