Dubai Land Department (DLD) announced the winners of the third Gulf Real Estate Awards (GREA) 2019 during the closing ceremony held yesterday in the presence of HE Sultan Butti bin Mejren, Director General of DLD; a number of DLD’s CEOs; representatives of companies and award nominees; and a number of VIPs and those interested in real estate. This came as a continuation of DLD’s role in promoting excellence and innovation in the real estate sector across the GCC and the region in general, and an emphasis on leadership in establishing and disseminating best practices in this sector.
This year’s edition, which was organised by DLD through its educational arm, Dubai Real Estate Institute (DREI), in partnership with Awards International, achieved remarkable success during the closing ceremony with the aim of valuing the efforts of all individuals and institutions who made a remarkable change in the real estate industry regionally and globally. The ceremony witnessed the honouring of the winners from 22 categories with DLD receiving more than 100 nomination files, increasing the level of competition and adding a challenge on the jury which chose the best files that represent the tremendous real estate development witnessed by the region.
Bin Mejren said: “We are pleased that GREA 2019 concluded on a successful note in line with the directives of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to make the Emirate an incubator for innovation and creativity across all fields.”
Bin Mejren added: “Through this award, we were able to highlight Dubai and the UAE as an ideal environment for superior real estate practices, ensuring that we maintain our leadership and distinguish our real estate sector from our competitors. This award comes as an inspiring platform from Dubai that positions it as a global economic capital in line with the eight principles of governance in Dubai announced by His Highness earlier this year.”
Hend Al Marri, CEO of DREI, welcomed the attendees and representatives of the companies during the awards ceremony, expressing DLD’s happiness with the number of participants and guests who were present at the ceremony. She also highlighted the latest developments in GREA 2019.
Al Marri commented: “We honour and appreciate the best real estate companies as our vision and ambitious strategies to further develop this sector are inspired by these successful creations. This award celebrates the pioneering projects that leave a modern imprint on the region’s real estate horizon, and is also part of our vision to position Dubai as the world’s premier real estate destination and a byword for innovation, trust, and happiness.”
Al Marri added: “This award is not only for the Gulf region, but stems from Dubai, the heart of the Gulf and the world. Dubai has a diverse, innovative, and highly competitive real estate market, making it the ideal destination to hold the Awards. Our meeting today aims to honour this group of individuals and companies who worked to bring about a change in the region’s real estate industry. They are distinguished by their leadership qualities, vision, creative methods, and professional commitment in providing their services to their customers and the community. At DREI, our core values, excellence, innovation, and cooperation, are the basis of our commitment to the growth of the real estate sector from the intellectual, professional, and cultural aspects.”
Mark Hamill, Managing Director of Awards International UAE — the organisers of the awards —commented: “We were delighted to welcome the very best in real estate to the third edition of the Awards. Everyone involved is a winner, and we would like to thank them for taking part. Congratulations to the Winners!”
During the ceremony, DREI honoured bin Mejren, the inspiring leader, for his clear vision and continuous support of all DLD’s employees. HE Judge Abdulqader Mousa, Director of the Rental Disputes Center (RDC), was awarded the ‘Real Estate Personality of the Year’ award in recognition of his relentless efforts and continuous contributions to the qualitative leap forward in litigation in the real estate rental market.
Award winners in the 22 categories were as follows:
- Best Technology in Real Estate – HappyTenant
- Best Real Estate Consultancy Company – Jones Lang LaSalle UAE Limited (JLL)
- Best Real Estate Project (Affordable Housing) – Binghatti Developers
- Best Real Estate Customer Experience Initiative – Emaar Community Management
- Happiest Community – Diamond Developers
- Best Real Estate Project (Luxury Residential) – Atlantis The Palm 2 Development
- Best Real Estate Research – Diamond Developers
- Best Marketing Campaign – Souq Extra
- Best Media and Communications – Kaizen Asset Management Services
- Best Real Estate Developer Sustainable Green Development – Diamond Developers
- Best Owners Association Management Initiative – Kaizen Asset Management Services
- Best Real Estate Project (Master Development) – Diamond Developers
- Best Real Estate Project (Hotel) – Al Rajhi Investments – Shaza Makkah Hotel
- Best Real Estate Project (Off Plan) – Commercial and Industrial – RAK Properties PJSC – Anantara Resort
- Best Employer in Real Estate – Binghatti Developers
- Best Real Estate Project (Off Plan) – Residential – Binghatti Developers
- Best Real Estate Registration Trustee – Injaz Real Estate Registration Trustee
- Best Real Estate Project (Off Plan) – Mixed Use – RAK Properties PJSC – Bay Residences
- Best Architecture Project – Dubai World Trade Centre
- SME and Youth in Real Estate – Kaizen Asset Management Services
- Best Facility Management Company – Emaar Community Management
- Overall Winner – Diamond Developers
DREI, the educational arm of DLD, first signed an agreement with ‘Awards International’ on the side-lines of Cityscape Global 2016 to launch the awards programme, which targets all real estate companies in the Gulf region.Email This Post