Ahead of the upcoming release of PIXAR’s highly anticipated sequel, Incredibles 2 (showing in cinemas in the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Egypt on 14th June 2018)
- Genre: Animation/Action-Adventure
- Release Date: 14th June 2018 – UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman and Egypt
- Voice Cast: Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, Huck Milner, Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Bird, Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, Jonathan Banks, Sophia Bush, Isabella Rossellini
- Director: Brad Bird
- Producers: John Walker, Nicole Grindle
In “Incredibles 2,” Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Meet the New ‘Wannabe’ Supers of Incredibles 2
“Incredibles 2” introduces new characters to its mix with wannabe new supers, creating a dynamic cast of characters brought to life by all-star voice talent.
VOYD is a young, overeager mega-fan of Elastigirl. Her super power is the ability to divert and manipulate objects around her by creating voids that allow the objects to appear and disappear. The new character is voiced by Sophia Bush.
BRICK is super tough with mega muscles and a fearless spirit that mirrors her strong name.
REFLUX is a senior who has the unsettling super power of heaving hot lava, which helps him break into some of the most secure locales. Reflux is voiced by Paul Eiding.
KRUSHAUER is much more mind over matter, and has the power of telekinesis. This guy can crush a car without even laying a hand on it, this incredibly strong character is voiced by Phil LaMarr.
SCREECH sports big owl-like eyes and a head that rotates 360 degrees. He can fly, thanks to a pair of wings he made to complete his look, but his real power is a high-pitched screech that can break glass.
HE-LECTRIX can shoot lightning bolts from his fingertips. He’s high voltage, so it’s best to steer clear. Voiced by Phil LaMarr.
Top Six Facts About Incredibles 2
- It’s been 14 years since “The Incredibles” was released
- Writer and Director Brad Bird took inspiration from spy series and movies such as ‘James Bond’ and ‘Mission: Impossible.’ They all possessed a cool elegant flavor that he wanted to capture.
- As the Parrs’ home was destroyed at the end of “The Incredibles” the filmmakers new they’d need new digs. There is a deliberate contrast between the new ‘high-tech’ house and the suburban Parr family.
- Some of baby Jack-Jack’s powers include bursting into flames, invisibility, laser vision, teleportation and turning into a demon baby. Even more will be discovered this summer.
- Technological advances over the years have allowed the effect team to enhance the characters look within effects like flames.
- Brad Bird always new that “Incredibles 2” would be Helen’s turn to step into the spotlight.
Email This Post