- Disney Pixar’s Cars 3 raced into UAE cinemas on June 15.
- Lightning McQueen raced into moviegoers’ hearts with the first Cars film back in 2006. On his journey, the need-for-speed NASCAR racer has learned the true meaning of friends and family.
- Cars 3 – a fun-filled, action packed animation – is certified at G (General Audiences).
Cars 3 features Owen Wilson as the voice of the legendary Lightning McQueen, who is blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers including next-gen racer Jackson Storm, voiced by Armie Hammer and is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves.
To get back in the game, he needs the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, voiced by Cristela Alonzo, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Kerry Washington voices statistical analyst Natalie Certain, Nathan Fillion provides the voice of brilliant business car Sterling, Lea DeLaria lends her voice to formidable school bus Miss Fritter, and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton helps bring voice command assistant Hamilton to life.
Directed by Brian Fee and produced by Kevin Reher, Cars 3 cruised into UAE cinemas on June 15 and into cinemas across the Middle East from July 13.
NAT STATS – Film Statistics
Introducing NAT STATS, a selection of special statistics from Cars 3 character Natalie Certain. Natalie Certain – a highly respected book-smart statistical analyst who knows her numbers:
- Artists designed and built eight race tracks for the film: Los Angeles International Speedway, Copper Canyon Speedway (Arizona), Heartland Motor Speedway (Iowa), Motor Speedway of the South, Thunder Hollow Dirt Track, Thomasville Speedway, Georgia Super Speedway, Florida International Super Speedway.
- Lightning McQueen made his rookie debut in “Cars” in 2006; more than a decade has passed since he was a young superstar.
- Artists, designers and technicians at Pixar Animation Studios were able to install 30,000 lights at the Florida Speedway for the final race of the film. They all work.
- Artists created more than 80,000 storyboards during the production of the movie. Just 10,102 made it into the final sequences.
- Junior Johnson, NASCAR driver from the 1950s-60s who inspired “Cars 3” character Junior “Midnight” Moon, won 50 NASCAR races before retiring in 1966.
McQueen travels across the UAE
Hotshot race car Lightning McQueen is embarking on a tour of the UAE in celebration of the release of Cars 3. Shoppers across the UAE can meet Lightning McQueen, when a model of the race car – created by Simba, the Middle East’s biggest toy distributor – makes a pit stop at Oasis Mall from 16th-21st June before he then races to Toy Store and Hamleys at Dubai Mall until the end of the month, followed by Lulu hypermarket in both Dubai and Al Khalidya Mall in Abu Dhabi, and Toy Store in both Yas Mall and Dalma Mall in July.