Lets IT Admins Provide Better Assistance Using Voice and Video Chat, Remote Registry Access and More
- Adds chat options, remote registry access, and multi-monitor support to troubleshooting toolset
- Now supports business app deployment for Linux operating systems
- Download a free, 30-day trial of Desktop Central at http://oly/pw3Y30dCn6a
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced the addition of enhanced tools to its endpoint management solution, Desktop Central. Available immediately, these new tools allow IT admins to troubleshoot remote computers using voice and video chat, control multiple monitors while troubleshooting, and manage computers’ registry keys remotely. Desktop Central has expanded the scope of desktop management with support for Linux software deployment as well.
Based on analysis by Jeff Rumburg, co-founder and managing partner at MetricNet, enterprises in North America spend on average $118 per service request ticket, taking one and a half to two hours to resolve each ticket. With enhanced tools like voice and video calls and multi-monitor troubleshooting options, enterprises can drastically reduce the cost per ticket and average resolution time. Spending less time on each ticket, IT admins can improve their productivity in the long run.
“Enhanced SLA resolution time combined with a lower cost per ticket can dramatically increase a business’s profit and productivity,” said Mathivanan Venkatachalam, director of product management for Desktop Central.
“The new tools in Desktop Central have saved me countless hours and days of remote troubleshooting, allowing me to help people even faster because of the remote access capabilities,” said Luke Schaedle, director of information technology at Good Will-Hinckley, a ManageEngine customer since 2013.” It really has lived up to my expectations.”
- Voice and video calling: Resolve issues remotely and easily by initiating a voice or video call with an end user.
- Remote registry: Manage the registry for remote computers from a central location.
- Multi-monitor troubleshooting: Troubleshoot with an extra edge by switching between multiple monitors at the same time. Adds extra visibility.
- Updates to Linux support: Deploy business apps to Linux computers, including the latest Debian and Ubuntu flavors.