- FedEx Team Members Volunteered and Serviced their Communities in Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE
FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and the world’s largest express transportation company, recently concluded its FedEx Cares campaign, a program designed to benefit local communities. Throughout the MEISA region (Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa), 1,795 FedEx team members took part in community outreach activities, committing more than 7,746 hours to volunteer work during the campaign.
The global FedEx Cares volunteering program involves FedEx team members and their families donating their personal time and effort in giving back to the communities they live in.
“Our People are at the heart of our corporate culture” explained David Ross, regional president of FedEx Express Middle East, India Subcontinent and Africa. “This commitment reflects the passion our team members have giving back to their communities. The FedEx Cares campaign provides the opportunity to volunteer, and make the communities we work and live in better places through initiatives, in which we take great pride.”
In the Middle East, FedEx team members participated in various activities through the FedEx Cares program, including:
- Bringing smiles to children at a cancer hospital in Kuwait;
- Entertaining people with down syndrome during a picnic in Bahrain;
- Sharing joy with children with special needs through a fun fair organized in the FedEx Garhoud station in Dubai;
- Protecting the environment by cleaning the desert in Dubai; and
- Hosting a blood donation drive in Kuwait, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.
The FedEx Cares initiatives in the GCC complement the volunteer activities undertaken by FedEx teams across the globe. FedEx Cares is the company’s global giving platform, where FedEx has committed to invest US$200 million in more than 200 global communities by 2020 to create opportunities and deliver positive change globally. Over the past 12 years, the campaign has expanded to nearly 400 cities around the world. In addition to the thousands of volunteer hours invested each year, FedEx donated more than $53 million globally in 2015.Email This Post