- After resuming full service in Abu Dhabi back in February, Careem introduces KM Bundle Packages to help make commuting more affordable
Careem, the region’s leading ride hailing app has introduced KM Packages for Abu Dhabi customers who regularly use the service to benefit on discounted rates and to help them manage their monthly budget on rides. When opting to pre-pay for KM bundles, a customer can save up to 20% a month versus paying for rides individually as they go. Paying this way also removes Peak pricing for all trips taken using the KMs bought. Packages are available to buy in 50KM, 75KM, 100KM, 150KM, 200KM and 300KM bundles.
To help estimate the monthly KMs that someone might need, an in-app calculator has been created which prompts customers to enter the regular routes they take, how often and from there it generates a recommended bundle to buy. The app also allows a customer to set up a repeat booking so if they are regularly travelling the same route, they can save time by not having to manually book each time.
How to buy and use Packages (refer to app screens attached)
- Open the Careem app and go to the side menu
- Click on “Buy a Package” and specify routes you commonly take
- Choose your preferred Package
- Select your registered credit card to pay for the Package
- From thereon “Packages” will appear as one of your payment choices as “Use a Package” for any rides originating in Abu Dhabi
- The number of KMs remaining in the package will show every time you book a new ride
Commenting on the launch of KM Packages, Bassel Al Nahlaoui VP of Business Development and Government Relations, said: “We are always looking for ways to help our customers get around town freely and without any hassle. By offering them an in-app tool to organize their regular journeys and with a preferential pricing structure, we hope to be able to offer a tailor-made commuter package to anyone who needs it. We see that Abu Dhabi customers often use us to go to and from work, so we wanted to introduce this option here first and test the appetite ahead of launching in other cities.”
Careem is one of the MENA region’s fastest growing, home-grown start-ups and has seen early success since its launch in 2012, expanding quickly across 80 cities. Abu Dhabi was the second city in which Careem began offering their services and is called home to many Careem team members including co-founder Magnus Olsson.