- Top Industry Leader Joins Becker Faculty, USMLE Preparation Course Launches International Student Visa Program and New App Offers Advanced “On the Go” Study Preparation
Becker Professional Education, a global leader in professional education and part of DeVry Education Group, announced major new initiatives underway to enhance the USMLE preparation course. By adding a new distinguished faculty member, creating a visa program for international students and launching an app to help students learn on the go, Becker is focused on providing students with easy access to top resources to power their success while preparing for every step of the USMLE.
Introducing New Faculty Member Dr. Charles Faselis Becker Professional Education has named Dr. Charles Faselis as the Director of Clinical Skills and Training. Dr. Faselis is the Chief of Staff at the Washington D.C. Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Professor of Medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine. Prior to being appointed to the Chief of Staff at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dr. Faselis served as the Center’s Chairman of Medicine, Associate Chief of Medicine, the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency program and as the Associate Chief of Staff for Education and Academic Affairs.
Dr. Faselis received his medical degree from the University of Athens School of Medicine and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Cook County Hospital and Medicine Fellowship at the University of North Carolina. He has authored more than 100 peer reviewed publications and two books in Internal Medicine and has received several distinguished teaching awards including Attending-of-the-Year, the Osler award, the Golden Apple award and the Sol Katz teacher-of-the-year award from the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Faselis is the author of our enhanced Step 2 CS program offering exam preparation in a two-part approach:
- GuideMD: Advanced Interactive Learning: A guided learning resource option for students, providing the flexibility to study for the exam anywhere and at your own pace.
- Becker’s USMLE Step 2 CS Assessment: This live program offers you the ability to complete a half-length simulated exam to experience the exam environment with immediate feedback from your standardized patients.
Becker Launches International Student Visa Program and Live Intensive Offering
Becker Professional Education is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to host F-1 visa students for the USMLE program. Once accepted into the program, Becker will issue the Form I-20 allowing students to apply for the F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States. The program is for international students who are interested in obtaining a United States residency and who want to focus their studies on various foundations specific to the U.S. approach to medicine.
The curriculum includes an in-depth workshop with content regarding medical residency admission, American diversity and healthcare in the United States. The intention is to orient international students toward positive understanding of the United States and guide student outcomes toward improved residency success.
International students and graduates interested in taking Step 1 and Step 2 CK of the USMLE course in the United States can do so at Becker’s Dallas Intensive located in Addison, Texas, which is 14 miles north of downtown Dallas.
To learn more about international admissions and to begin the Form I-20 application, visit www.becker.com/usmle/courses/international-students-visa-immigration.
Becker USMLE GuideMD and QMD Native App
GuideMD and QMD offer two advanced learning tools in one application: a guided exam preparation program and an advanced, clinically focused question bank. With this newly launched app students will be able to sync their progress seamlessly, and have the flexibility to access unique learning tools and features anywhere at any time, such as:
- Impactful Visual and Audio – Hours of audio and video content and hundreds of full-color illustrations, graphics and animation.
- GuideMD – Functional tools within the GuideMD platform that offer fast-play mode, advanced search, annotation ability and page view options.
- Customized Dashboard – A unique dashboard that displays all user activities to easily monitor and track progress, review tests taken, analyze scores and to retake any tests at random.
- Connect the Dots – Dr. Lionel Raymon provides detailed case related concepts, related to specific content featured in the Pharmacology text, ultimately creating a scenario that interlinks all subjects.
- ArchieMD – ArchieMD animations, high definition imaging and high color conceptualizations are incorporated throughout the Step 1 USMLE program.
- Up-to-Date Content – Leveraging feedback from students, Becker makes continuous updates to logical reasoning and other key prep materials to ensure it is up-to-date with the USMLE exam content.
“Because of our dedicated, industry leading faculty members, ability to extend our offerings to international students and innovative approach to studying on-the-go we are confident that we provide our students with access to the best possible USMLE exam prep tools,” stated David Bartholomew, Vice President, Healthcare at Becker Professional Education. “Becker’s approach to exam prep is comprehensive, engaging and focused to ensure the student receives a continuously updated curriculum combined with innovative technology and a strong emphasis on understanding, retention, and clinical thinking.”Email This Post